Friday, December 7th 2012 - 17:04 UTC

Chavez back in Venezuela after ten days in Cuba: “where’s the party”

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returned from Cuba on Friday following cancer-related medical treatment, walking and joking at the airport in a first public appearance in three weeks that quashed rumours he might have been at death's door.

The Venezuelan leader unaided walks down the steps from the plane that brought him from Havana

“I'm happy and enthused to be back again,” Chavez said after a typically theatrical surprise return before dawn.

“So, where's the party?” Chavez asked, in festive mood as he chatted with Cabinet ministers after walking unaided down the steps from his plane at the international airport outside Caracas.

Chavez said that Friday was two months since his re-re-election victory and “yesterday the 14th anniversary of the first time we won the presidency, and now we are preparing for next week’s victory in the provincial elections”.

The 58-year-old leader went to Havana ten days ago to receive “hyperbaric oxygenation” - a treatment normally used to alleviate bone decay from radiation therapy.

Earlier this year, Chavez declared himself “completely cured.” Officials had maintained his latest trip to Cuba was just a scheduled follow-up to the radiation therapy he underwent in the first half of 2012

Supporters celebrated the return of a man who has dominated the Venezuelan politics since he first won election in 1998. He wore a blue and white tracksuit and flew with relatives and aides including Vice President Nicolas Maduro.

Opponents criticize Chavez for secrecy over his health and preferring Cuban doctors to Venezuelans.

He has chosen to be treated in Havana due to his friendship with Cuba's past and present leaders Fidel and Raul Castro, plus the discretion he is guaranteed thanks to the Communist government's strict controls on information.

Cuba's Communist Party newspaper published photos showing Raul Castro bidding farewell to Chavez at Havana airport. Chavez said he had met Fidel Castro during his stay.

Meanwhile from Brasilia it was reported that Venezuelan oil minister is sitting in for President Hugo Chavez at the Mercosur summit.

Brazil’s foreign ministry said that Rafael Ramirez will represent Venezuela at the meeting of leaders of the Mercosur trade bloc. The presidents of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay are also attending.

1 Conqueror (#) Dec 07th, 2012 - 05:23 pm Report abuse
“Where's the party?” It's a small venue. About 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot. But it won't be “restrictive” for long. It will get warmer and warmer. Until it burns. In preparation for where you're going. Horns and pitchfork are issued later. But not the way you'd think! The horns get stabbed into the upper body to transfix the heart you've never had. And the pitchfork? We'll leave you to figure out where that goes. But you won't be doing a lot of sitting down!
2 ChrisR (#) Dec 07th, 2012 - 06:31 pm Report abuse
You have to give it to Dead Man Walking: he can appear on top of the world when circumstances dictate otherwise.

He certainly fooled 'his people' again when the deluded souls re-elected him, only for him to disappear until he turned up in Cuba.

Wait until he eventually croaks there will be a gnashing of teeth and renting of clothes as far as the eye can see.
3 KFC de Pollo (#) Dec 07th, 2012 - 06:39 pm Report abuse
tick tock
4 aussie sunshine (#) Dec 07th, 2012 - 11:55 pm Report abuse
*1 becareful that it is you that ends up in 6 foot by 2foot by 2 foot!!
5 Britworker (#) Dec 08th, 2012 - 07:26 am Report abuse
Wearing the customary South American despot shell suit, those elastic waists are so convenient.
6 ChrisR (#) Dec 08th, 2012 - 10:51 am Report abuse
4 aussie raincloud

We could say the same about you, only in your case it would be 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft, with a cube of 3 ft sides at one end to get your head in.

Ha, ha, ha.
7 andy65 (#) Dec 08th, 2012 - 03:56 pm Report abuse
I am suprised that his lover The X flight attendent pensioner of the bancrupt airline Aerloines Argentines Alicia Castro was not there to greet him
8 Conqueror (#) Dec 08th, 2012 - 10:15 pm Report abuse
@4 You aren't big enough. And you're gutless as well!!
9 ChrisR (#) Dec 09th, 2012 - 03:39 pm Report abuse
GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!!

This in BsAs Herald: Dead Man Walking is going back to Cuba and has named a successor, his Vice-President, an ex bus driver and union official. Excellent choice for the most corrupt country in SA and that’s saying something.

These pillocks running the LatAm countries have no experience whatsoever except for Chile on what is required to provide security and financial success to their people.

Looks like my deadline for him to be dead (end of the year) may be slightly out. Still, I wish him a swift and painful departure. It is only a fraction of what he deserves.

A little music to help him on his way:

Don´t Let Me Be Misunderstood. The Animals
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FT4FprxDg

Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina. Elaine Paige Live (Madonna cannot sing)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMF59bix2VQ

Great Balls On Fire. ;o) Jerry Lee Lewis
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IjgZGhHrYY

I’ll Be Back! The Beatles
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jKahlEKo0Q

Apocalypse Now - Helicopter Attack
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHjWDCX1Bdw

THE END The Doors
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmAmJFUvzM

Stairway To Heaven
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcL---4xQYA
10 aussie sunshine (#) Dec 09th, 2012 - 06:04 pm Report abuse
bEWARE TO ALL THOSE WHO DESIRE ILLNESS ON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING...BECAUSE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!
11 ChrisR (#) Dec 09th, 2012 - 09:14 pm Report abuse
10 aussie raincloud

Ooooohhhhheerr! I am frightened now! Prat. I did not wish the illness on him, he has it already. I just want him dead in the most painful way imaginable.

As an atheist there is no juju man or pin sticking witch: whatever your fate is you can always do something about it until you die. I have news for you, dying is part and parcel of being alive on this planet.

I have had my scares, and because of vigilance and knowledge have managed to deal with them, so far.

But every day I wake up I think, ANOTHER DAY! And then I get on with it.

Now fcuk off and play with the fairies or little boys, or is it girls you prefer you argie moron?

BTW the ‘Boq Mayus’ on a Espanol keyboard is the first left-hand column, third key up. Try using it, you may not look quite the idiot you are if you do.

Peace!
12 aussie sunshine (#) Dec 10th, 2012 - 12:59 pm Report abuse
*11 yeah!! yeah!! I would like to see you on your death bed!! probably begging for the priest to come along and send you to .............
Man you come right out of a comic book!! and for “ peace” you can stick it where it fits.....
13 ChrisR (#) Dec 10th, 2012 - 03:36 pm Report abuse
12 aussie shitcloud

Considering you have no idea where I live on Uruguay or my real name, how do you intend to be at my deathbed?

Also, I used to be a High Alter Server (the chief choirboy) until the age of 12 or so and then I grew up and realised religion for what it is: an even bigger scam than TMBOA is perpetrating on Argentina.

I have been an atheist for longer than you have been on the planet by the state of your unintelligent posts which portray you as an uneducated schoolboy of teenage years. So no, I don’t fear some God who will damn me forever for being human: as HE made me if you like. :o)

So no begging for a charlatan priest who shags the nuns and choirboys, in God’s name of course; to come along and contaminate the place.

Everyone has ONE chance of life; I have made the best possible use of it that I could, pity you cannot say that, can you?

So, at the end, it really IS the end as far as I am concerned.

Peace and blessings be upon you, my son!