MercoPress, en Español

Montevideo, May 24th 2018 - 13:38 UTC

Brazilian inflation ends 2017 at 2.95%, below the bottom of central bank target

Friday, January 12th 2018 - 10:26 UTC
Full article 2 comments

The annual inflation rate in Brazil increased to 2.95% in December, from 2.50% in November, rising above economists' projections of 2.80%, but ending the year below the bottom of the central bank's target for 2017, which ranged from 3% to 6%. Read full article

Comments

Disclaimer & comment rules
  • Jack Bauer

    2.95% ? sounds like an accounting miracle....especially when you consider the usual components included in the calculation of the inflation rate, and the fact that just about all of them topped 10% increase in 2017, some even nearer 20%...energy, gasoline, electric power, public transport, private health plans....the only thing which in effect went down, or rather, remained stable, were food prices, due to abundant offer, favoured by seasonal factors....but even then, the only way to come to 2,95% is by giving food a weight of 90% in the formula, and all the other components, a total of 10%...or, known as 'manipulation'.

    Jan 12th, 2018 - 07:23 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • :o))

    @JB

    REF: “sounds like an accounting miracle”:

    The Miracle sounds more like the “Cooking of the Accounts”. Immediate Results:
    - Inflation soaring Sky-High
    - Taxes - MORE taxes [and more % than those existing]
    - [UN] Happy New Year!

    Jan 12th, 2018 - 08:03 pm - Link - Report abuse 0

Commenting for this story is now closed.
If you have a Facebook account, become a fan and comment on our Facebook Page!