In audio filtered to Univisión (1), the radio transmission among the Venezuelan police forces that participated on the morning of January 15 in the capture operation against a revolt pilot Óscar Pérez and six of his companions carried out outside of Caracas is revealed. In the revealed material, the commander of the operation, Major of the National Guard Rafael Bastardo confirms his surrender.
Security officials are dispersing with pellets and tear gas opposition concentration in front of the Central University of Venezuela in Caracas, after the opposition convened a peaceful demonstration in protest against the government. So far at least 3 people have been injured by pellets in the confrontation. The protesters were refuging at the University and erected barricades in the street, facing with stones and molotovs the officials while they shoot and throw tear gas bombs inside the university headquarters, according to ReporteYA
“Venezuela: God and Christ gave us the victory. Lets go to the streets to take our freedom” says Oscar Pérez, an ex-inspector of the CICPC, the national police force in a new video diffused by himself with a group of rebellious officials. In the video he calls on the population and the national security agencies to join them in the fight and rebel against the regime of Nicolás Maduro.
The National Constituent Assembly (ANC in Spanish) recommended to the Public Prosecutor and the Judicial Branch to release more than 80 political prisoners. At the moment, 13 of them have been released with precautionary measures.
A video of the military operation and statements from the rogue officer are released through social media as the alleged resistance claims a small victory in what was dubbed “Operation Genesis.”
Venezuela’s Bolivarian Armed Forces, FANB, said they are committed to respect “the decision of the people” in the coming presidential election of 7 October but at the same time demanded respect for the institution.