Friday, April 12th 2013 - 06:39 UTC

Argentina inflation congress index for March was 1.54% and 24.43% in last 12 months

Despite the efforts from the administration of President Cristina Fernandez that brokered a price freeze for another two months with the main supermarket chains of Argentina, March inflation according to the average of private estimates stood at 1.54% and 24.43% in the last twelve months.

Spending related to the re-opening of schools and winter season clothing had an impact in March

The result which has become a monthly event was presented by the opposition members of the Lower House Freedom of Speech Commission, that work with an average of the estimates from private consultants, who are liable to strong fines if they make public their numbers without the government consent.

The Congress committee announced the 1.54% for March and 24.43% for the twelve months to March.

A year ago the so called Congressional index had reached 2.31% which means consumer prices in Argentina are climbing at a slower pace, mainly food and beverage (Supermarkets agreement) and which represent a significant component for the overall average. It is estimated that over 40% of food and beverage sales are concentrated in supermarkets and thus exposed to the freeze.

However trade union and some provinces stats estimates indicate that during March fresh produce, mainly vegetables, fruit, poultry, dairy and meat did experience some minor changes.

But the main components influencing the March index were education ad clothing. This is traditional in Argentina since it is the month when children return to school and there is additional spending in stationery, uniforms plus the fact it is the beginning of the winter clothing season.

Nevertheless despite the moderation in price increases the overall feeling is not satisfactory according to the March Expectations survey from the Torcuato Di Tella University. In effect the survey shows that inflation for the next twelve months is expected to hover in the range of 30%.

The controversial official Argentine government stats office Indec is expected to release its March inflation index on Friday. In February the Indec index was 0.5% which was less than half the 1.23% average reported by the Congressional index.

1 Anbar (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 09:37 am Report abuse
“”24.43% in last 12 months“”

crikey.
2 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 11:23 am Report abuse
The monetary base went up 36% IN ONE MONTH.

They are screwed.

and it makes me happy
3 ChrisR (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 01:03 pm Report abuse
This is way beyond what any reasonable population should have to suffer.

But the complete apathy by the populace continues to amaze me. If this was the UK there would have been a vote of confidence failure and a new government months and months ago.

4 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 01:14 pm Report abuse
That s/h/b 36% yoy.
Even still I would love for a CFK supporter to show me ONE EXAMPLE where increasing the money supply so rapidly has had been a good long term solution for an economy,
Just one example

Tax revenue is now about 2/3 of inflation. So they will continue to pump in cash to cover their expenses. What a mess.

My guess is inflation will be over 40% this year
Massive Devaluation is imminent
and
Hyperinflation will take off
5 MagnusMaster (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 01:42 pm Report abuse
@3 ¨It is almost as if they don't blame TMBOA for this fiasco. Ah, it's the Brits, isn't it!¨

No Argentinian ever blamed the British for inflation. All the blame goes towards CFK. It´s just that the people don´t see the current level of inflation to be such a big issue.
6 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 02:40 pm Report abuse
Well now Moreno wants “Clothing for All” so what do the proletariat wear in North Korea or Vietnam?
Are all the Rgs going to be in a white shirt and flag colored blue pants with a jaunty yellow scarf?
Bahahaha
retards through and through
I get myself all twisted up laughing at these people
7 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 02:56 pm Report abuse

That is because the world runs on something called REALITY.

Something that you Mercopress posters have no fucking idea about. You have not only eaten Mercopress's propaganda on Argentina's “situation” wholesale (which already is histrionic and only publishes all the supposedly “negative” news stories), but then you people in your comments have that incurable necessity to exaggerate those news stories to the 10th power, just because you are poor cretins with nothing but hatred towards Argentina.

Thus, you all now truly believe that people are starving in mass, that travel is completely banned, that the crime rate is like Central America, Venezuela, or the USA, that there is massive deforestation, no sewers, no running water, and all the rest I have read here.

Thus, you are honest when you say you don't understand why Argentines have not “risen up” against the image of Argentina above.

That is because, it only exists in your microcephalic heads.
8 bushpilot (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 03:21 pm Report abuse

What is the real annual inflation rate in Argentina? This article says it has been about 24%, but posters here have claimed it is really about 40%.

What is the real inflation rate in Argentina then?
9 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 03:37 pm Report abuse
It's probably 25-30%.

You really are telling me you think people that post here are unbiased, fair, and neutral in their comments towards Argentina? Really?
10 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:03 pm Report abuse
Toby, Your narcissism is simply astounding! Just because you live through the internet not all of us do. We actually can travel and see things first hand.
I actually seen most of Arg with the broken streets, the slums, the sewage in the streets, the graffiti on the mountain face, the scams, the crime, the scared population living behind walls with private guards. ALL OF IT.
I have first hand knowledge and most likely know more of Argentina than you will ever dream of seeing.
You think we only read this news site? What about the Int'l press saying the same thing? IMF, US Congress..for goodness sakes!

8. Bush inflation will closely match their increase in money supply it is simple economics when you don't have a reserve currency. It is SO FAR 36% yoy. It will increase as they run out of peso to pay for the HUGE Gov't expansion. Just wait until the end of the year. I am usually not far off.
11 bushpilot (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:05 pm Report abuse
According to posters here, Argentina's economic collapse is imminent. But it doesn't seem to happen. A picture of an economic mess is painted. Maybe that is not neutral thinking.

What would you say is a more realistic description of the current economy in Argentina?
12 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:10 pm Report abuse

“medium-term volatile to market readjustments”.

ps - yankeeboy said “wait till the end of the year” (for the collapse), three YEARS ago.

When does soemoene lose all credibility?

All of what you said are cheap platitudes, you are one dumb ferk. I can also say “the USA and it's constant mass killings, the streets smelling of urine, the police brutality, the filthy trailer neighborhoods, the grafitti, the obese population, the police and metal detectors in schools, courts, malls... all of it”.

What about the intl' press saying the same thing about the USA and its problems?
13 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:19 pm Report abuse
Toby, I have seen everything I talk about you only know what you read. There is a big difference.

I have explained over and over it is very hard to predict WHEN an economy will collapse but not IF.
So far my predictions are pretty good.
I stand by all of them

Next stop 7/1 in 2nd quarter of the year.
14 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:22 pm Report abuse
What a retard. So in an age where people can put videos in their blogs, one has to go “see” the place to be able to say what it looks like. hahahaha.

What a tosser with no argument.
15 reality check (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:23 pm Report abuse
I thought that they were going to freeze fuel prices. BA Herald says they are raising prices by 9%. So raise it, then freeze it? Or what?
16 ChrisR (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:28 pm Report abuse
11 bushpilot

So, what I recommend you do is get on a plane and go to BsAs and when you have seen what you want and experienced it for yourself you can go back home safe in the knowledge that YOU have seen it.

That’s if you don’t get knifed, shot or badly beaten by a bunch or argies after your phone, camera and money just like many other tourists have in the two years (almost) that I have been in Uruguay.
17 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:34 pm Report abuse
And here you have it bushpilot.

You see, I also came here a year ago and change with an open mind. Just because I didn't toe 100% the 'argentina-hatred' narrative, pathetic characters like the one above tell you to get stuffed.

Believe it or not, there was a time when I was friendly with him, until I found out what he thought of me behind my back.

So now you understsand why I become the most uncomfortable challenging Truth Telling Troll for these haters. They can't stand it that someone would come to their little corner of the internet and spout their propaganda.

And guess what, you will probably NOT get knifed, beaten up, or much less shot at.

This people are just living in an utter opium delusion.
18 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 04:36 pm Report abuse
Toby, OK you win, you can get all the same experiences over the internet than actually going there.

yeah ok

loser
19 bushpilot (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 05:29 pm Report abuse
@16 ”You keep asking questions for us to answer. When we do our truthful best (Yankeeboy is one of 'us') you dismiss it.”

My post at #11 seems as if #10 is being dismissed. But I was responding to #9 and did not know that Yankeeboy had already posted when I submitted my post.
20 ChrisR (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 06:34 pm Report abuse
@17 John Troll the 3rd (Is that pronounced turd?)

So you are safe in the cesspit known as Argentina? There is only one way to be sure: NEVER go there.
This after ONE search of MP:

KILLED IN FRONT OF GUARDS TO THE MEMORIAL!
en.mercopress.com/2012/02/08/french-photographer-stabbed-to-death-when-taking-pictures-of-buenos-aires-malvinas-memorial

THE FRENCH QUESTION SAFETY OF TOURISTS:
en.mercopress.com/2011/08/02/is-argentina-a-safe-country-for-tourists-questions-the-french-media

SO NOBODY IS EVER SHOT?:
en.mercopress.com/2011/08/10/argentine-police-confirms-gun-confiscated-was-used-to-kill-french-tourists

“What a retard. So in an age where people can put videos in their blogs, one has to go “see” the place to be able to say what it looks like. hahahaha”

EVER heard of 'the camera never lies' OR even simpler than that, was looking the wrong way!

Stupid, stupid boy.
21 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 07:57 pm Report abuse
I wonder if Toby thinks internet sex is the same as real sex? Maybe he doesn't feel the difference either.

Gosh all those travelers spending $2TRILLION a year are certainly dopes. They could have stayed in their parent's basement and saw it all on their screen.

I love reading the posts from the dumb Rgs. It makes my day.
22 Paragon (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 10:02 pm Report abuse
Here I could make a list as long as your arm about the problems in ARG, but I'm not going to.
Its more simple to say CRIME and INFLATION both out of control, and the average educated Argentinian is very worried, worried also that Kirchner will somehow corrupt the october elections and open the way to re election but I think the feeling towards here is so bad this will not happen but the main problem is her buying the uneducated masses like all dictators once in power
23 yankeeboy (#) Apr 12th, 2013 - 10:06 pm Report abuse
According to INDEC, you can eat 3 nutritious meals daily for U$0.69/day.
Wow what an amazing place!!
bahahaha
It gets worse and worse every day
Let's see what the crowds look like on April 18th.
24 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 13th, 2013 - 12:17 am Report abuse

You are a cesspit, your country of origin and the one you reside in. You fit like a glove. One is a morally vitiated, turpitudinous rotten corpse of human history, whose capital city is often ranked amogst the worst ratholes on the planet by veteran visitors. The other is a country whose capital city is so old and run down it makes the “broken sidewalks” of BA look like Mendoza.

As putridly boring to boot.

And in both the UK and Uruguay, you still get murders and rapes. Lovely.
25 yankeeboy (#) Apr 13th, 2013 - 04:28 am Report abuse
Toby, London is where the world's Royals and Billionaires have an extra home.
You always will look foolish trying to compare 1st world with whatever rat hole Argentina currently is...used to be 3rd but now I am not so sure.
26 reality check (#) Apr 13th, 2013 - 09:50 am Report abuse
Toby.

You forgot to mention all the power cuts and the regular flooding!

Whoops, that's not London, that's BA! Silly me!
27 ChrisR (#) Apr 13th, 2013 - 11:47 am Report abuse
@20 TTT

If you remember when you were even younger than now, I tried to encourage you to use your brain and extend your knowledge beyond the somewhat ludicrous and outdated way of your use of English.

I had great hopes for you because you said the Falklands (no Malivinas for you) belonged to the Islanders, which is true.

Then you went away for a while and when you returned, if indeed it was the same person, your attitude had changed remarkably and it has continued to degrade to this day.

It is for these reasons that others have jumped on you: you ask for it.

Shame really.
28 yankeeboy (#) Apr 13th, 2013 - 01:40 pm Report abuse
Part of the NPD that all Rgs seem to suffer from is that they need to have equivalents to the 1st world such as NYC, oh we have BA, Times Square, Oh we have Corrientes Ave, BIg Ben/British clock in Retire, you get the picture.

They have been brainwashed to believe that whatever is in Argentina is either the same as of better than what is in EU UK or USA. They are firm in their beliefs and nothing will sway them
UNTIL
they get to leave that rat hole and see the 1st World.
The 1st time I went to BA someone took me to Corrientes and said “see this is just like Times Square” I laughed.
I brought the same person to Times Square and all he had to say was “They have no idea”
I think it is NPD which makes them feel inferior and jealous when we politely point out the differences and shatter their tenuous grasp on reality, so they get really aggressive and angry and then stop making sense altogether.

Just a theory but I'm pretty sure I am right.
29 Leiard (#) Apr 14th, 2013 - 10:59 am Report abuse
@John Troll the 3rd / *.troll

That safe haven of Buenos Aires, 56 deaths already this year as a result of robberies and assault.

www.clarin.com/policiales/dias-muertos_0_901110025.html
30 yankeeboy (#) Apr 14th, 2013 - 11:51 am Report abuse
29. There have been no official crime stats for many YEARS. Those deaths are what has been reported to the media.
It is much much dangerous and there are many more deaths that go unreported.
People in general don't report crime because they are afraid of the Police ( since they're involved in most of it)
31 DanyBerger (#) Apr 14th, 2013 - 02:05 pm Report abuse
Oops can someone tell Yankee boy that he is a hypocrite liar? thanks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtlhd1ZFkOA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiEFjA9oIVQ
32 yankeeboy (#) Apr 14th, 2013 - 02:17 pm Report abuse
Dany, poor poor stupid Dany,
What do those links have to do with the corrupt decaying rathole of Argentina?
That is the topic.
If you think I am lying why don't you post a fact to dispute it?
Hmm can't
moron
33 DanyBerger (#) Apr 15th, 2013 - 05:30 am Report abuse
@yankeeboy

Oops poverty in USAMex, pretty shocking I should say.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutshaFS3lk

Shantytown in US presented with a quite good English accent.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxDnlvbLr0Q

www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=jH0a8dcxUBs&feature=endscreen

“If you think I am lying why don't you post a fact to dispute it?”

Why I should do that?

I wouldn’t present facts to dispute hilarious statements like “cow can fly” and you?
34 yankeeboy (#) Apr 15th, 2013 - 11:04 am Report abuse
Nice little CFK scandal brewing, a plane full of U$ leaving the country through Uruguay with the main player on camera talking about how they do it.
I think CFK will have the same retirement party as Ceaușescu. I wonder if it will be televised like his was?
35 John Troll the 3rd (#) Apr 15th, 2013 - 08:53 pm Report abuse
Well... I think we can call it in and declare the USA bankrupt and going nowhere but down from there.

I told you yankeeboy it was a matter of time before you got hit again, and now there you have it. A couple of thousand dollar bombs and now you will have to spend at least a trillion to track down and punish the perpetrators.

Problem is, you don't have even half a trillion now.

I smell a default as terrorism sets in panic across the USA and investors pull their money out.
36 yankeeboy (#) Apr 15th, 2013 - 09:44 pm Report abuse
Oh, Toby, that little thing?
Silly boy those little things will never stop the USA.
It just makes our resolve stronger.

Didn't last week have 25X more people killed in a little rain?
glug glug glug

37 DanyBerger (#) Apr 16th, 2013 - 10:00 am Report abuse
Yeah, sure Yankee toy

“That's the difference between 1st world and 3rd or 4th or 5th or whatever you are now...”

In the first world like in US New York you cannot still get proper supply of water and gasoline but from Daddy Yankee.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgAQie-9lb4

Duro, duro dame mas gasolina... sticky isn’t it?

Oops!!!

More shantytowns in Miami

miami.metblogs.com/2007/01/09/in-a-shanty-town-outside-of-downtown-miami/

Shocking isn’t it?

99% poor and 1% rich just like in Africa...
38 yankeeboy (#) Apr 16th, 2013 - 11:15 am Report abuse
According to calculations the BCRA reserves are now so depleted that Arg couldn't control a run on the Peso.
I wonder if that is why the ATM machines in Colonia were emptied of U$ this weekend?
Crack Crack Crack
I can hear the systematic breakdown from 13 hrs away by plane
39 DanyBerger (#) Apr 16th, 2013 - 12:30 pm Report abuse
@Yankee toy

Suppose you are right and the BCRA runs out of USD who do you think will suffer?

I have not holdings of Argentina bonds in USD and you?

While printing machines run party goes on ask US if not true.

Your news for me is like for you knowing that US has ran out of pesos.

Do you understand how in the past are you?

Will you be scared for running out of pesos in US?

I guess not...

Try another one.

Currency is just and instrument to make easy trade at this stage of the financial mess and the possible collapse of the US dollar as a FIAT currency like the Euro, pesos are pretty safe and you get good interest.

I’m adapting myself to the new world order, have you ever heard about it?
40 yankeeboy (#) Apr 16th, 2013 - 12:37 pm Report abuse
pesos are pretty safe and you get good interest
I think you should put all available funds in Arg Pesos
This should work out very well for you especially since BCRA is printing 40% more of them this year.
When do you think they start adding extra zeros?
Then they must be even more valuable

It is simple to see why Argentina has a currency crisis every decade.
They are all so stupid!

I wonder why the Prez and cronies are hiring planes to ship pallets of U$ and Euros to switzerland? FOR THEIR OWN ACCOUNTS
That seems odd if the Peso is the way to go.
Doncha think?