MercoPress, en Español

Montevideo, September 21st 2018 - 02:23 UTC

Paraguay soy exports reach 1.55bn dollars in first five months of 2013

Monday, June 10th 2013 - 14:02 UTC
Full article 4 comments

Soybeans, electricity and beef figure as the main export items of landlocked Paraguay, during the first five months of the year. According to a release from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, exports at the end of May reached 4,12bn dollars compared to 2.96bn a year ago, which represents a 57.3% increase. Read full article

Comments

Disclaimer & comment rules
  • Anglotino

    Wow that's a massive increase especially considering the world economy.

    However the article only spoke about 61% of the export destinations. What about the other 39%?

    Though I was surprised to see that only 18%of exports go to its neighbours. It really does seem if Paraguay has the outward looking trade of the Pacific Alliance and not the closed in trade of Mercosur.

    Jun 10th, 2013 - 08:33 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • CJvR

    I suspect they snap up Argentine markets as KFC is flying her country into the ground. Still it is nice to see the saner countries in the region prosper.

    Jun 11th, 2013 - 08:47 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Conqueror

    Let's take a look at “forced” exports of electricity to argieland and Brazil. Latest research indicates that argieland and Brazil are “paying” Paraguay an extremely low price for electricity from the Itaipu and Yacyreta dams. Honest countries would increase what they pay. No chance of that with argieland!

    Jun 11th, 2013 - 12:02 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Baxter

    3 A very good comment !

    Jun 11th, 2013 - 08:31 pm - Link - Report abuse 0

Commenting for this story is now closed.
If you have a Facebook account, become a fan and comment on our Facebook Page!