MercoPress, en Español

Montevideo, August 9th 2022 - 08:46 UTC

 

 

Ban Ki-moon on World Press Freedom Day: “When it is safe to speak, the whole world benefits.”

Friday, May 3rd 2013 - 03:00 UTC
Full article 7 comments

United Nations officials issued a call to action to ensure the safety of journalists in every country, echoing Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon who declared; “When it is safe to speak, the whole world benefits”. Read full article

Comments

Disclaimer & comment rules
  • Boovis

    Argies would like to write what they think here but, you know, they're not allowed to :D

    May 03rd, 2013 - 04:13 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • LEPRecon

    Hey Argentina ar you listening to this?

    Or has it been censored?

    May 03rd, 2013 - 06:26 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Conqueror

    In argieland, what happens to people that disagree with INDEC's figures?

    May 03rd, 2013 - 01:39 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • DanyBerger

    If you wouldn't be so stupids you would realise that argie press had more freedom than many in Europe and US.

    La Nata in US will be in jail...

    May 03rd, 2013 - 01:40 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • LEPRecon

    @4 - Dany

    The only 'stupids' here is you. But then you don't have to live in Argentina do you?

    80% of the media in Argentina is a propaganda tool for CFK. The other 20% is currently fighting to remain free of government control.

    The government is trying to take over the judicial system by 'democratising' it. In other words by removing its independence and making it controlled by the government.

    Dictators always mis-use words like democratic when they mean the opposite such as the Democratic People's (for people read Kim Jung-Un and his sicophants) of Korea.

    Soon it'll be the Democratic People's (for people read CFK and her sicophants) Republic of Argentina. Then the one way flights over the Atlantic will reappear and her dissenters will magically disappear never to bother her again.

    It's up o the actual people of Argentina to stop this wannabe dictator. Power to the people, and Viva the Revolution!

    May 03rd, 2013 - 02:28 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • GFace

    I am waiting to start seeing praise on how this statement further shows the UN support for the Argentinian claim in the “Malvinas.”

    May 03rd, 2013 - 03:04 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • DanyBerger

    @ LEPWrong

    Lets see below just some of the companies controlled by Clarin Miente Group in the media business.

    I wait for your list of media controlled by the ARG govt.

    So you are lying as always?

    Canal 13
    Diario clarin
    Ole
    La Razon

    AGR
    Impripost
    Editoraila Transandina
    Editorial Aguilar

    Cimeco
    La Voz del INterior
    Los Andes
    Revista Nueva

    Lr6 Radio MItre and 82 repeater stations
    CAdena 100
    FM Gen

    Internet surf
    Elle
    Genios

    Canal 12
    Canal 7 Bahia Blanca

    Agencia DyN
    Artear
    Multicanal SA
    Supercanal
    Direct TV Latin America
    Canal 12 Satelital

    TriSA
    Television codificada sa
    Patagonik Film Group sa
    TN (Todo Noticias)
    magazine
    Volver
    Metro
    Cine Click
    Multideportes
    TyC Max
    LGM
    La Plata TV
    TyC Sports
    TVC Oinamar
    TSN necchea
    POL-KA Producciones
    Inversora en Eventos
    BA television

    Clarin.com
    Ubbi
    Frecuencia web
    Net 2000
    Citinet
    Ciudad
    Mas oportunidades.com

    Prima
    Datamarkets
    Fullzero

    Papel Prensa
    Audiotel
    CEOP
    adtime
    M&M
    Clarin Global
    Agedit
    F&EA SA
    Teledeportes sa

    May 04th, 2013 - 08:21 am - Link - Report abuse 0

Commenting for this story is now closed.
If you have a Facebook account, become a fan and comment on our Facebook Page!