The Falkland Islands Government Community Volunteers program is attracting strong support. Coordinator Vicky Collier says 26 people contacted the team on just its first day. The purpose of the volunteer's problem is to help those who are currently self-isolating.
Community Volunteers will assist in a range of duties:
- Delivering goods
- Running errands for those in isolation (shopping, banking, post etc.)
- Schedule and make telephone calls
- Schedule and make video calls
- To run a puzzle swap/bank
- To run a board games swap/bank
- To give free advice on technology over the phone
If you are interested in being a volunteer, email email@example.com with your name and the following information:
• Contact details
• What would you like to volunteer for
• Any particular skills you can offer
• If you are happy for your contact details to be shared
If you are in self-isolation or know someone who is that may need support contact Vicky on firstname.lastname@example.org or 27451.