MercoPress, en Español

Montevideo, February 5th 2023 - 23:31 UTC

 

 

Parlatino ample support for Paraguayan Congress despite Argentina

Saturday, December 1st 2012 - 07:48 UTC
Full article 26 comments

The Paraguayan congress was strongly supported at the Latinamerican Parliament, Parlatino, which during the XXVIII ordinary session voted against an Argentine motion to have it suspended. Read full article

Comments

Disclaimer & comment rules
  • Troy Tempest

    Ewww, those Argentinians are a bunch of nasties!

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 08:05 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Doveoverdover

    I don't know why anyone would be surprised, except perhaps teaboy2. A parliamentary assembly is always going to be less focused than an international grouping made up of governments.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 08:27 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Forgetit86

    A story Mercopress won't report on:

    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/01/275558/malvinas-oil-venture-humiliates-uk-firm/

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 10:56 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Spainexpat

    @3 Forgetit86

    Seems you forgot to look - http://en.mercopress.com/2012/11/27/poor-quality-hydrocarbons-in-south-east-falklands-new-round-of-3d-program-begins

    Back to the topic - I love the comment by Nancy Gonzalez - “it’s something unheard of, really unusual.”

    How dare a LATAM body defy Argentina!

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:04 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • HansNiesund

    @3

    You must have forgotten :

    http://en.mercopress.com/2012/11/27/poor-quality-hydrocarbons-in-south-east-falklands-new-round-of-3d-program-begins

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:04 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Orbit

    @3 Yes it did, just with out the biased editorial.

    By the way, FOGL is a small cap oil explorer, with a high risk portfolio, so people invested in it know the risks.

    The same can not be said for YPF which is your flagship oil company. Its value has dropped considerably more than 50% of the past 18 months, wiping not millions off its value like FOGL, but billions. Billions. Did its investors expect that ?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:07 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • agent999

    @5
    It's known has having “selective memory”

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:09 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Forgetit87

    The Mercopress story is incomplete; it purposely ignores the battering the UK company got at the stock market as a result of its FAILURE.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:16 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Spainexpat

    @8 And YPF? Billions wiped off it's value?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:22 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Orbit

    Let me explain Forgetit87 (I know you struggle with numbers, PH thinks there can be 104% of something and INDEC thinks 25 = 10); on this drill there was a 30% chance of success, which means there was a 70% chance of failure. 70% is more than 30%, which means there was a greater probability of failure on this drill than success. Which means that far from it being a humiliation, it was on balance an expected result. Can you understand that ?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 11:47 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • ChrisR

    Mmm.

    Argentina still don't get it do they?

    Lie, cheat your people out of their own money, give away the 'Flagship', etc, etc, AND still they expect all the other South American countries to agree with them.

    At last there is an organisation who see through all the RG crap, well done the Latinmerican Parliament, Parlatino.

    2 Doveoverdover

    Surely you mean more open minded than a bunch of self-seeking gangsters?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 12:34 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Clyde15

    #3
    What exactly does this “story” have to do with the headline story of Parlatino and Paraguay?
    Is the main topic so embarrassing to you that you have to change the subject to something totally unrelated.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 12:40 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Conqueror

    @3 Just thought I'd let you know that I've reported you for trolling. Really must stop posting the same link on every article your palsied hands can click on.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 02:01 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • travellingscotsman

    @3 - today FOGL share price is 31.25 http://www.shareprice.co.uk/FOGL/FALKLAND-OIL-AND-GAS-LD-ORD-0002P - they actually found vast amounts of condensate gas - why are RG's so dumb?? Everyone laughs at you for being dumb - can't you think before you speak or post something???

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 02:38 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Sergio Vega

    Turning back to the article, at least Latam lawmakers are using heir brains properly.....and facing the abusive behaviour from Argentine Gvt.

    How a non democratic Gvt. as the Argentina currently can watch over its neighbor Gvt. & Parliament that have ruled under Paraguayan Constitution to save a very complicated situation because a unfair and illegal presidential behaviour.
    Why those neighbors assume that they have the right to take part of the internal development of a free and democratic country...??
    Just for their own convenience to add Venezuela to the Mercosur gang against the Paraguayan desire.....

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 03:30 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Nostrolldamus The 2nd

    @15

    hahahaha, why don't you go and tell off your Eurpopean, British, and North American MASTERS as to why they feel they can take part in the internal development of a free country? Or you don't have the struthious reproductive vessels?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 05:27 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Anbar

    Doveoverdover the sock puppet speaks!

    (everybody ignore him/her)

    ;-0

    --------

    Forgetit86 - because Iranian news is THE best source of sauce in the whole wide world?

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 06:15 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Doveoverdover

    @17 Fixation or Fascination; you're certainly f'n something.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 08:16 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • reality check

    Did anyone outside of UNSAR censure Paraguay? for the way Paraguay dealt with a Paraguayan issue, in accordance with Paraguayan law and constitution? Do not recall reading of any.

    Dec 01st, 2012 - 08:36 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Shed-time

    @19 Outside of ANUSSORE democracy has another definition so it's difficult to censure them based upon the non-ANUSSORE definition.

    Unasur's definition of democracy involves having a family dictatorship that gains power through an overt terrorist organisation run a child of the ruler. Said terrorist organisation consists of brown shirts that brainwash school kiddies and terrify jewish business owners by smashing up their shops and threatening the people inside unless they follow their crypto-fascist policies. It also involves, threatening the judiciary to remove the rule of law and install the rule of power and squirreling away huge amounts of dollars into offshore accounts.

    That's the ANUSSORE definition. That's why they're all clapping about it.

    Dec 02nd, 2012 - 10:00 am - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Condorito

    16
    Toby, could you give me one example (post '89) of US/EU influence peddling in Chile?

    2
    Think, a handful of people took the decision to harass Paraguay. If you take a more democratic sample of South American opinion you get a very different result, even “ something unheard of, really unusual”.

    Dec 03rd, 2012 - 02:23 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Leiard

    The only reason that Paraguay was harassed was so that they could be suspended and thus allow Venezuela to join Mercosur ! - after all Argentina is now dependant on Venezuela to buy it's bonds - the already have bought in excess of US$ 5billion.

    Dec 03rd, 2012 - 05:52 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Condorito

    Leiard,
    “they already have bought in excess of US$ 5billion.”
    Buying bonds of a distressed country or business close to collapse...surely not...that would make Chavez one big vulture by definition!

    Dec 03rd, 2012 - 06:10 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Leiard

    the problem is that Chavy is robbing his own people to do it.

    Dec 03rd, 2012 - 06:18 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Simon68

    22 Leiard (#) & 23 Condorito (#)

    Chubby Chávez is charging us 15% for the US$5 billion, which is something like 3 ties what NML is getting!!!!!!!

    Vaya buitre!!!!

    Dec 04th, 2012 - 05:51 pm - Link - Report abuse 0
  • Forgetit87

    Cuckooror, does my link hurt your national self-love, is that it?

    Dec 08th, 2012 - 11:12 pm - Link - Report abuse 0

Commenting for this story is now closed.
If you have a Facebook account, become a fan and comment on our Facebook Page!