MercoPress, en Español
Get our news on your inbox! Suscribe x
Montevideo, September 20th 2021 - 20:28 UTC
Venezuela's National Assembly approved a 79 million dollars credit for the import of toilet paper, toothpaste and soap. The measure comes after Venezuela hit the news with its dire toilet paper shortage. Read full article
We lived through this stupidity during the Allende government. It's what will eventually happen in Argentina...
Maduro, I wash my ass of the whole issue.
Amusing photo. Is that roll is for wiping his mouth?
On the (w)hole, that can only be a relief.
Disgusting. Body odour, mouth odour and a distinct smell of shit. Normal in Venezuela!
What a paradise they have created...VeneCuba....
1Chicureo: sadly, I suspect you are correct. It is astounding to me that a democratically elected govt. with a constitution containing all the necessary safe guards, a well educated population that is politically savvy can be so easily oppressed by a bunch of economically illiterate, shameless, immature... vultures, to use a phrase they are fond of. At least Chavez genuinely believed in his message ( at least for awhile ). As far as I can tell CFK and her cronies are nothing but cynics, certain that someone else will foot the bill, and her followers deluded sheep, willing to buy her empty, meaningless rhetoric.
Aparently whats in his hands needs a bit of tanning..lol
no doubt CFK will offer..lol
They are in power, for now, because
- they are protected by the constitution - they were voted in.
- they are a devious manipulating bunch of thieves who, using other peoples money, maintain a huge group of state dependent 'workers' and spongers and weak genuinely ideological fools (evangelism/hero worship/subserviance is strong in LATAM)
- The political class - mostly so the peronists/nationalists - keep politics very devisive and hysterical to confuse and distract people (all the current 'government' is is a tool to distract people and gain access to the country's wealth)
- of blackmail, bribes and threats - many people feel they have no choice but to vote for the thieves because they aim to make life beyond the state very difficult/impossible- But join their gang and if youve got zero morals you'll go a long way.
- many non idealogicals, non spongers voted for her 2 yrs ago - though they now deeply regret it. On the surface the economy was looking good and 'The Model' seemed to be working even if there were doubts about The Management.
- the army has no balls - they are demoralized and just want their pay rises and pensions and so offer no threat. (not sure where the police stand)
Maduro is holding this weeks LOTTERY PRIZE!
The venezuelans are more full of shit that usual this week....
The Venezuelan government justified the lack of toilet paper: People are eating more.
@7 @9. Not a wholly unfamiliar situation for those in the UK.
13 Mr Ed
I haven't see you in a long while. Are your fetlocks better, does the new bridle fit you better or does it still chaff your moth when your master tries to get you to turn?
There is so much mierda en Venezuela that this toilet paper just won't be enough!
Sales of government newspapers have gone up by 500%
They are hanging on a nail in the outside privys.
Its not WHOLLY unfamiliar because at the end of the day thats politics. But the degree to which it happens and the extent to which it affects people is considerably higher in the Bolivarian countrys. In Britain we complain when Waitrose didnt have in stock that lovely bottle of organic balsamic vinegar that we normally buy every month. In Venezuela they complain becuase there is no toilet roll in the country and the government trys to justify it by saying its because people are eating more?!
@Mr Ed: FYI yours truly does not reside in the UK.
Commenting for this story is now closed.If you have a Facebook account, become a fan and comment on our Facebook Page!
Get our news on your inbox!