
The United States and China have largely agreed on a mechanism to police any trade agreement they reach, including establishing new enforcement offices, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday.

Brazil’s government has triggered fierce criticism from scientists after announcing plans to tackle economic stagnation by implementing a government-wide budget freeze that could see research funding cut by up to 42%.

Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion Baroness Fairhead, is travelling to Brazil after visiting Argentina this week to meet with key Brazilian and Argentine businesses and government ministers to discuss the UK’s commitment to trade and investment in both countries and the wider Latin American and Caribbean (LATAC) region.

A consortium led by France's Engie SA submitted the highest offer for a major gas pipeline unit owned by Petrobras, the state-run oil firm said on Friday, as the company's biggest divestment draws to a close.

Boeing said on Friday it plans to cut its monthly 737 aircraft production by nearly 20% in the wake of two deadly crashes, signaling it does not expect aviation authorities to allow the plane back in the air anytime soon.

Automobile production in Brazil fell 0.6% in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the same period last year, the national automakers’ association said on Thursday, as an economic crisis in Argentina continued to weigh on output.

Rockhopper Exploration PLC on Tuesday said its loss narrowed in 2018 as it progresses on field development in the Falkland Islands. The oil & gas exploration and production company's loss narrowed in 2018 to US$ 7.1 million from US$ 9.0 million a year before, as revenue climbed to US$ 10.6 million from US$ 10.4 million.

BBC has signed the biggest ever deal to sell its programs, agreeing to provide its landmark natural history shows to a new global streaming service run by the Discovery Channel for £300m. It is the largest content deal the BBC has ever done and will last for 10 years, director general Tony Hall said.

Business groups have said they are devastated after Parliament's latest rejection of the prime minister's EU withdrawal plan. They urged MPs and the government to find a solution and stave off the nightmare of a no-deal Brexit.

Princess Cruises and Fincantieri announced on Thursday the signing of the final contracts for the construction of two next-generation 175,000-ton cruise ships, which will be the largest ships ever built so far in Italy, with deliveries scheduled in Monfalcone in late 2023 and in March 2025. This announcement follows the initial signing of a memorandum of agreement between the two parties in July 2018.